Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-4.0-testing test] 2032: regressions - FAIL

To: Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-4.0-testing test] 2032: regressions - FAIL
From: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:35:31 +0100
Cc: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 03:36:05 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 11:08 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:

> > -#XENCONSOLED_TRACE=[none|guest|hv|all]
> > +XENCONSOLED_TRACE=guest
>
> I didn't know this was possible.  Perhaps it should be the default ?

I think we'd need to arrange for rotation etc to take place before we
could turn it on by default, which wouldn't be a simple logrotate config
snippet due to the somewhat unpredictable filenames. I'm not sure if
xenconsoled handles reopening logs either (I didn't check though).

I think it's best left as a developer/debug option which can be turned
on when necessary for the time being.

> Certainly it should be for my testing, which I will sort out.

Thanks,
Ian.