Re: [Xen-devel] xen 4 only seeing one keyboard and mouse

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

There are a couple of things we can try:
- Compare this with the output from Xen 3.4 and see if the IOAPIC lines
  are different. Especially if these:
(XEN) IOAPIC[0]: Set PCI routing entry (2-12 -> 0x78 -> IRQ 12 Mode:0 Active:0)
(XEN) IOAPIC[0]: Set PCI routing entry (2-1 -> 0x28 -> IRQ 1 Mode:0 Active:0

are different. I think that previous to Xen 4, the pv-ops kernel could
not set the IOAPIC entries below pin 16, so you would not see them and
instead it would have these programmed:
(XEN)  01 001 01  0    0    0   0   0    1    1    28
(XEN)  0c 001 01  0    0    0   0   0    1    1    78

Which is OK, as the trigger and polarity look to be correct.

Logs attached as dmesg.xen3 and xm.xen3

- Boot the Xen4, and trigger the IOAPIC debug printout. I think this is
  can be done via "xm send-keys i". Also the 'q' output would be
  usefull (it will tell us which ioports domain 0 has access to - we
  should see dom0 see 0x60 and 0x64), and irq 1, and 12.

attached as xm.debugkeys

- We can also compare this to baremetal IOAPIC programming. It should
  be the _same_ as what Xen does. What we can do is provide
  'apic=debug' and that will print out the IOAPIC entries of baremetal
  kernel. The values for irq 1 and 12 ought to be same as what Xen saw
  and programmed it too.

attached as dmesg.baremetal

        Michael Young