RE: [Xen-devel] Help booting Xen under RHEL6 beta2

On Fri, 9 Jul 2010, Dan Magenheimer wrote:

Thanks all for the replies.  I've made some good forward progress
but have run into another roadblock, so wanted to see if anyone
has seen any of this before:

Booting RHEL6 distro with xen-4.0-testing (64-bit) and a
2.6.32.16 dom0 kernel (config attached), I usually get:

dracut: Switching root
               Welcome to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
               Press 'I' to enter interactive startup
Starting udev: init: rcS main process (439) killed by KILL signal
Kernel panic - not syncing: Out of memory and no killable processes

Are you limiting the memory for dom0? If so I suggest you allow it more, or don't limit it at all and see if it boots any more successfully. It is also probably worth booting direct to run level 3 (add 3 to the boot line) to so you can eliminate whether or not graphics is an issue.

Also I suggest you check whether the hypervisor and xen software are the same version. If they aren't then xend may not be able to the hypervisor.

        Michael Young