Re: [Xen-devel] How to switch VGA passthrough live

Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] How to switch VGA passthrough live
From: 于佳耕 <yujiageng734@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 00:19:09 +0800
Cc: "allen.m.kay@xxxxxxxxx" <allen.m.kay@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "yuri.schaeffer@xxxxxx" <yuri.schaeffer@xxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 09:20:08 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:cc:content-type; bh=2SVo9Uz7E27bMX8Iq8HcrWpniX7Vw5noPdfGY+GVqE8=; b=IxJAjHYrtpeqOOLfg/AhPCFo8xQcepL+jgbIEYOE03WCAdyuB9NwhFYugwZFHV9PWN 0+THKjittRDbx56hTzp2oLNweeY/w1AblAN6fib7u8yO9XGuq9djbRZWIyuW0O3AoMDu 9FTZFmhEhIF7FBXt2xZfMWa8YlzwILtr8YlVc=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hmm, you are right. I have found that WinXP and Win7 could not handle the VGA remove sci interrupt. Please try to execute "xm pci-detach Domain 00:00:02.0". So I directly invoke acpi_php_writeb to handle VGA remove event.

2010/6/4 Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, 4 Jun 2010, 于佳耕 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to switch video card live between two HVMs. My simplest idea is that when the HVM has the permission to access
> passthrough video card, and another HVM will be paused. If switch from A to B, execute commands :
>
> xm pause A ;
>
> xm pci-detach A  00:00:02.0 ;
>
> xm pci-attach B 00:00:02.0 ;
>
> xm unpause B.
>

> I have a try, but failed. The pseudo-code is as below. Can you give me some ideas? Any suggestions will be thankful.

pci-detach needs cooperation from the guest, how the guest is supposed
to handle the acpi interrupt if it is paused?