Re: [Xen-devel] failed to build xen from source code

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 05:35:09PM +0800, wenche_chang@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi
> I have read  "Xend does not start when using pv_ops dom0 kernel? "in this
> link and I don???t think it's my problem
>
> I download SRPM of XEN 4.0.0 from
> http://pasik.reaktio.net/fedora/xen-4.0.0-0.7.fc12.src.rpm or
> http://fedorapeople.org/~myoung/dom0/src/xen-4.0.0-0.7.fc12.src.rpm
>
> After installation it in Fedora 12 , xend works well, but it can't start if I
> install Xen from http://xenbits.xen.org/xen-4.0-testing.hg

I think the init scripts in Fedora rpm do more than the default scripts in
upstream Xen.

So:
        - Do you have /proc/xen (xenfs) mounted? Do you have files in it?
        - Do you have xen-evtchn driver loaded? Run lsmod if it's compiled as a
module in your dom0 kernel.

Both of those need to be OK before xend starts.

-- Pasi