[Xen-devel] failed to build xen from source code

To: <Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] failed to build xen from source code
From: <wenche_chang@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 11:47:12 +0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 27 May 2010 20:48:17 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

I tried to install Xen 4.0.1 from  http://xenbits.xen.org/xen-4.0-testing.hg

I use the installation step in Xen wiki as shown below

yum groupinstall "Development Libraries"
yum groupinstall "Development Tools"
yum install transfig texi2html libaio-devel dev86 glibc-devel e2fsprogs-devel gitk mkinitrd iasl xz-devel bzip2-devel

cd xen-4.0-testing.hg
make xen
make tools
make stubdom
I failed in  "make tools" and it shows
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpci
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [qemu-dm] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/xen-4.0-testing.hg/tools/ioemu-remote/i386-dm'
make[3]: *** [subdir-i386-dm] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/xen-4.0-testing.hg/tools/ioemu-remote'
make[2]: *** [subdir-install-ioemu-dir] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/xen-4.0-testing.hg/tools'
make[1]: *** [subdirs-install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/xen-4.0-testing.hg/tools'
make: *** [install-tools] Error 2

If I only install gcc,gcc-c++,dev86,iasl,it can be build success.
Any idea of this problem?
TREND MICRO EMAIL NOTICE
The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.