Re: [Xen-devel] [Patch] continue_hypercall_on_cpu rework using tasklets

To: Juergen Gross <juergen.gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [Patch] continue_hypercall_on_cpu rework using tasklets
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:08:31 +0100
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:09:18 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 13/04/2010 14:49, "Juergen Gross" <juergen.gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> 1. make continue_hypercall_on_cpu available on ia64, too
>>> 2. make cpupools a pure x86 feature
>>
>> Is there anything meaningful in the new code that's really x86-specific
>> (i.e. can't the whole code chunk be moved to xen/common/)?
>
> My main concern is the difference in the handling of schedule_tail. I just
> can't tell how to change the ia64 variant to make it work correctly.

We were messing with schedule_tail in order to get control into the
hypercall continuation in the context of the same vcpu but on a different
pcpu. Now that you just execute the continuation in a straightforward
softirq/tasklet context, you don't need to mess with schedule_tail at all...
Right?

 -- Keir