[Xen-devel] Re: Xen VGA graphics passthrough for secondary adapters, vB

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen VGA graphics passthrough for secondary adapters, vBAR=pBAR etc
From: Christian Tramnitz <chris.ace@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 12:18:50 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 03:21:05 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
12.04.2010 12:08, Weidong Han wrote:
I already added that suggestion to the 4.1 suggested features some
days ago and planned to rebase the patches to 4.0 if they need any
adjustments.
One major change I'd like to see is dynamic (and thus optional)
configuration of the mem space to be mapped and the BIOS file to be used
Could you explain "dynamic configuration of the mem space to be mapped"?
do you mean MMIO memories?
Yes, the MMIO BARs that currently need manual changes to dsdt.asl before compilation. If we could make that a runtime configuration option or even allow dynamic detection (via libpci?) this would help a lot. It would also make the changes less intrusive (and increase the chances of being accepted I hope).

Also afair the previous patch set also had a maximum size (correct me
if I'm wrong) for the BIOS size that was to small for recent (HD4800+)
ATI devices.
What is the size of HD4800 bios? It can adjust memory map address
definitions in hvmloader to solve it.
It's 128kB (current limitation is 64k), but that should be easy enough to fix, just wanted to mention it while we're discussing the topic ;-)

Are you still actively working on this topic? Haven't seen a reply to my previous mails to list if work is still being done. Just want to avoid, that we're both working on the same thing...

Best regards,
   Christian