RE: [Xen-devel] Re: XENOPROF Problem

To: Andrew Evans <andrewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ahmad Hassan <ahmad.hassan@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Re: XENOPROF Problem
From: "Santos, Jose Renato G" <joserenato.santos@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 03:38:57 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dulloor <dulloor@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 19:40:21 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Acive domain profiling has not been well tested with pvops kernel.
Dulloor who ported xenoprof parches to the pvops kernel said in a previous post that he would look into that but not sure if he did.
For now your alternatives are:
  - Use passive domain prifiling instead
  - Use 2.6.18-xen with Xen 4.0 or latest unstable which are known to work with active domain profiling

Renato