Re: [Xen-devel] XCP Windows PV Driver Problem

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Paul Durrant <paul.durrant@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
>>
>> So I guess this means the normal Xen 3.4.x and xen-unstable toolstacks
>> should be patched to allow these XCP Windows PV drivers to be used?
>
> That would certainly be helpful.

The XCP Windows PV drivers are closed source so we are completely
reliant on citrix fixing bugs, etc in a timely fashion. The GPLPV
Windows drivers are working quite well on xen 3.4.2 so I'm less
interested in the XCP ones at the moment.

About two weeks ago I created a patch to allow the XCP winpv drivers
to run on xen 3.4.1. I didn't test live migration but save and restore
mostly worked. On restore the windows clock was reset to 1970, which
is presumably related to the PV drivers trying to trigger an ntp
update. At the moment I prefer adding functionality to the GPLPV
drivers rather than bending xen/tools around closed source drivers
that may not be maintained.

I will see if my current patch applies cleanly to 3.4.2 then consider
submitting as it's unobtrusive.

Keith Coleman