RE: [Xen-devel] XCP Windows PV Driver Problem

To: Keith Coleman <list.keith@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] XCP Windows PV Driver Problem
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 09:54:04 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 01:54:46 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Looks like the XCP Win PV drivers are retagged from some version of
> the Citrix XenServer Windows PV drivers. I get a bsod after installing
> them on 2k3 enterprise sp2 32bit. I tried several tips found on the
> Citrix forums but still cannot boot the PV drivers. The same setup
> runs fine if I boot into safe mode or uninstall the PV drivers.

What are you trying to run the drivers on, XCP or stock xen-unstable/3.4?

If the latter, I believe there are a couple of minor protocol differences that
may cause problems. XCP should work fine. The protocol differences look like
useful improvements so it should be possible to get them upstreamed in some
backward compatible fashion over the next few weeks.

In the meantime, if you're using xen-unstable/3.4 it might be worth trying the
following:

Create the key
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\xevtchn\Parameters, and then create a
DWORD value called SetFlags in there and set it to 0x10000000.

I haven't verified this works but it should get further.

Ian