Re: [Xen-devel] c/s 20384

To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] c/s 20384
From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 11:06:03 -0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 11:12:29 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 11/03/09 02:09, Jan Beulich wrote:
> Hmm, I think http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg can
> reasonably be considered a canonical reference, and hence I would
> assume that using the small number ids is uniquely identifying a c/s.

I have a repo here which is what I'm going to refer to if you highlight
a particular changeset for some reason.  If I have to go back to xenbits
to map a local change number to a changeset id then that's pretty
awkward (particularly if I'm not online at the time).

> Furthermore, using the full ids doesn't allow easily judging how long
> ago the referred to c/s was committed, including immediately knowing
> which releases it may have been part of.

That's pretty easy to determine once you look it up.  I don't know that
I have a good idea about how change numbers relate to releases anyway.