[Xen-devel] RE: compat tool problem with new tmem save/restore tmem_op s

To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] RE: compat tool problem with new tmem save/restore tmem_op struct
From: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 10:17:04 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: "Xen-Devel \(E-mail\)" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 10:17:58 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Urk... now with the flattened (single-level union)
> >structure, the accessors generated for my
> >ctrl_save structure seem to be getting garbage.
> >Looking in hex at the pointers that are getting
> >to the hypervisor, it appears that padding and/or
> >sizing (and thus the offsets?) of the consecutive
> >tmem_cli_va_t struct components are wrong
> >(with 32-bit dom0 and 64-bit hyp).
>
> Hmm, pretty odd: Your code looks right afaict without
> actually trying to
> compile it (apart from a few missing break statements).

Well I've fallen back to a simpler single-level union
by generalizing the names and somewhat overloading some
of the elements of the structures.  As a result,
you can ignore my report of the problems with the
two-level union and the above problem (which I think
was a problem with having a number of consecutive
handles in a struct in the union... but didn't
isolate it any further).

Sorry if you've wasted any more time on this.

Thanks,
Dan