RE: [Xen-devel] [pvops-dom0] [patch] Hook Linux's PCI probe and remove c

To: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, "Han, Weidong" <weidong.han@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] [pvops-dom0] [patch] Hook Linux's PCI probe and remove callbacks
From: "Kay, Allen M" <allen.m.kay@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:42:39 -0700
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: 'Keir, "'xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Fraser' <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jiang, Yunhong" <yunhong.jiang@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:43:09 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
These hooks for two purposes:

1) Enabling of a SR-IOV virtual function.  The hypercall will tell xen to setup
VT-d context entries for the BDF corresponding to the new virtual function.
This is required for SR-IOV to work.

2) PCI hot-plug support when devices are hot added/removed.  Vt-d context
entries and data structures in Xen needs to be modified accordingly.

These hooks needs to be enabled before either of these functions are performed
- I assume after dom0 boots.

Can you suggest a better way to do this?