[Xen-devel] RE: "Old method" bootloader failing with large ramdisk

To: dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx, "Xen-Devel (E-mail)" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] RE: "Old method" bootloader failing with large ramdisk
From: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 10:37:15 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 10:38:08 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Don't know if anybody cares about this, but it
definitely appears to be a Xen bug.  By adding
unused junk to a working initrd, I can cause a
boot failure.  When the initrd.gz is 109MB
it boots fine, but boot fails at 126MB.  This
is with a 1GB guest, so I don't think it is
memory-size related.  Unfortunately, I didn't
measure the unpacked sizes of these.

I'm off to work on other things now as I have
a workaround (smaller initrd).

Dan