Re: [Xen-devel] Xen unstable crash

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen unstable crash
From: Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 10:20:43 +0000
Cc: "Li, Haicheng" <haicheng.li@xxxxxxxxx>, "Jiang, Yunhong" <yunhong.jiang@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 03:21:28 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=oCEPytVMyFspcWbuIedyud5Wqn0Zh7c5Rhfkujlm6bc=; b=T99UBV7R2NpGCxid4hFopBTYUyFvneS/Eb7E0eia7c1hXHvVMC/QhFP0Q4G+JTdyfX wEvzECQmxh2z+TFHvwAw+tHRl8jjHTFgpWQ/1qUxhCdbELzF33xgdPvCORXYHmWEvH4i IW+RgkVmI7UVUqBPUcGBEmQ4o9nmK4aCNbC+Q=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 17/03/2009 10:00, "Andrew Lyon" <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> This time I was able to start all 3 of the vm's I mentioned, they are
>> setup to automatically boot up, run a chkdsk , then shutdown, , the
>> two vista vm's completed the cycle and I was able to start them again
>> before the error happened, this time it triggered just as one of them
>> was shutting down:
>
> Can you try reverting some suspicious changesets?
>  hg export 19317 | patch -Rp1
>  hg export 19285 | patch -Rp1
> Then re-build the hypervisor (no need to redo tools or kernel). To put the
> tree back in a clean state afterwards:
>  hg diff | patch -Rp1
>
>  Thanks,
>  Keir

Building now... I noticed that both of those changesets touch multi.c,
and I happened to notice this message was displayed before one of the
crashes:

(XEN) multi.c:3348:d12 write to pagetable during event injection:
cr2=0x80392d74, mfn=0xb58bb

Perhaps related?

Andy