Re: [Xen-devel] cpuid bit for relaxed timer handling?

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] cpuid bit for relaxed timer handling?
From: Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:57:50 +0000
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 06:00:02 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=m3NVo8af9sn6puo/C6bLTPOSA9vKVn/jefE9hxCBk1k=; b=iDVzDGzHIzPXU/ASVWrN6VrlMMtnYO1shbteLj/898pVV+AyZZ14vyAuUhqxfVaQMb KN7PaK+6ioSc8laG9FhcotOKkVKQpGOc8eeTeNkxgsC3ICOCniXV2KDo/ysI0QdPYg14 rdIxYNj8956/EwpK5LSzl3RFhrpMzZiEezQNY=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Unfortunately it's not that easy since Xen's own CPUID leaves are in the way
> and have to be relocated. Also if you advertise Viridian support in CPUID
> then you also have to implement some hypervisor service calls.

I had a feeling it would'nt be as simple as that.

> Perhaps your best bet is to see if James Harper knows anything about BSODs
> with GPLPV drivers on latest xen-unstable, and try to get that working?

You are right, I want to move to unstable anyway.. there are other
features I would like to try out and I think I've got to the stage
where I can handle running unstable Xen on my workstation.

Thanks Keir.
Andy