Re: [Xen-devel] How to debug Xen and Dom0 driver?

If you want to debug dom0, use kdb instead of gdb. Apply the kdb patch
suitable to you kernel version, build it and run.

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 09:38 -0700, Neo Jia wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Tej <bewith.tej@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 1:16 PM, Neo Jia <neojia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> hi,
> >>
> >> I am wondering if anybody is doing Xen or Dom0 debugging with gdb
> >> here. If yes, could you show me the procedure of doing that?
> >
> > For dom0, it will be similar to debugging in Linux e.g Use kgdb,
> > netdump, kdump etc.  and analyse those dump using crash tools.
>
> This is what I want to know more. How to use kgdb with dom0? I assume
> you can't as the TSS is in Xen not dom0, right?
>
> Thanks,
> Neo
>

> > For domU use gdb built in debugger with xen.
> > 1. cd xen-3.3.0/tool/debugger/gdb/README
> >   This explains everything from setting gdbserver-xen to debugging with gdb.
> > 2. enable xendump by configuring xend-config.sxp file
> >    It is helpful for capturing vmcore dumps  from xen guest.
> >   #(enable-dump no) change to (enable-dump yes)
> >   Restart xend
> >   start domU's and capture the vmcore @ /var/crash/*
> >   analyse the dump with crash
> >
> > HTH
> > -tej
> >

> >> Thanks,
> >> Neo
> >>
> >> --
> >> I would remember that if researchers were not ambitious
> >> probably today we haven't the technology we are using!

contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
any attachments.

check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
email.

www.wipro.com