Re: [Xen-devel] How to debug Xen and Dom0 driver?

To: Tej <bewith.tej@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] How to debug Xen and Dom0 driver?
From: "Neo Jia" <neojia@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 09:38:04 -0700
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 09:38:28 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=jcsxZy9U9738MMG8J3DbG9Qi6w3E4wiyMaeGif6VwY4=; b=aL6eOSORiWMs1tqCG7M9tBJyH5xWBa7jNFimjFgu2jzDSVpxLyZfqkkAgRYx+WlbaV dAf2ZisDtIXuDaAkwyGw+WQjuBjFNKFdVbbue0qSLFJZmAFUWXheBCQ6dahaSBgu76qK N8hv5h1JB7lGSutf7/cbxlRI6VY/eKHnVjLRk=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Tej <bewith.tej@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 1:16 PM, Neo Jia <neojia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> I am wondering if anybody is doing Xen or Dom0 debugging with gdb
>> here. If yes, could you show me the procedure of doing that?
>
> For dom0, it will be similar to debugging in Linux e.g Use kgdb,
> netdump, kdump etc.  and analyse those dump using crash tools.

This is what I want to know more. How to use kgdb with dom0? I assume
you can't as the TSS is in Xen not dom0, right?

Thanks,
Neo