Re: [Xen-devel] New Intel Sata Controller (ICH9 family) Support in Xen 3

To: Tej Parkash <bewith.tej@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] New Intel Sata Controller (ICH9 family) Support in Xen 3.1
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 13:01:32 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 05:01:56 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 7/1/08 12:00, "Tej Parkash" <bewith.tej@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> After retrying for 2-3 time, again the control drops to initramfs.
>
> This means again the SATA controller is not able to identify the partition.
>
> As i have observed that in the Linux Kernel same problem has rectified
> over the  later version of kernel. i.e in .22 and .23
>
> what do you suggest?

Try a dom0 kernel from fedora project, centos, or suse? Otherwise you'll
have to get your hands a bit dirty and backport changes in latest ich9
drivers in upstream Linux to our 2.6.18 xen kernel.

Or possibly there is a pv_ops kernel that has initial dom0 support now. I
think that's not quite ready yet though, unfortunately.

 -- Keir