Re: [Xen-devel] Looking for information about dom0 split in domB and dom

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Looking for information about dom0 split in domB and domD
From: Jean Pihet <jpihet@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 11:02:17 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 02:01:33 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

> Which bit(s) of it are you interested in specifically? Splitting out device
> drivers? Splitting out domain-building functionality? Other?
I am intestested in any information. We are starting the Linux dom0 porting on
ARM, so I think it is the best time now to figure out the impact of the
feature.

Does the split in domD and domB consist of adapting the build environment to
generate 2 dom0's, one with drivers and the other with domain build? Could it
be that simple or did I miss something?

> Derek Murray, who presented at the summit, did a lot of the work so far.
> It's intended to try and get some of that code merged in due course.
All right, thanks for the contact. Is Derek Murray on this list?

>  -- Keir
Thanks & Regards,
Jean.