[Xen-devel] Re: First release of GPL PV drivers for Windows

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: First release of GPL PV drivers for Windows
From: Andy Grover <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 10:27:07 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 10:27:43 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
James Harper wrote:
>> BTW I have remote debugging with WinDBG working, which really helps --
>> follow the directions here (and my comment at the bottom)
>>
> http://www.evilbitz.com/2006/12/13/howto-debugging-a-remote-windows-hvm-
>> under-xen-using-windbg/
> That appears to work okay... the only thing is it's really really slow
> (I'm dumping out >50mb of dbgprint logs). Does the baud rate you specify
> actually make any difference?

Not afaik. Yeah it's not super-fast, for some reason. It's been fast
enough for me, I don't know where the bottleneck is. It can be useful
for some things, but obviously there are cases where debugprints are better.

(One cool feature is ".kdfiles" -- you can have it load the driver
you're working on from your dev machine. This removes the need to reboot
simply to copy a new version of the driver over.)

> Also, I can't seem to use the kdbgctrl command to increase the buffer
> for the dbgprint messages. It just tells me access denied all the
> time...

Don't know, haven't used.

Regards -- Andy