RE: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Pass-through Interdomain Interrupts Sharing (HVM/D

To: "Keir Fraser" <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Pass-through Interdomain Interrupts Sharing (HVM/Dom0)
From: "Guy Zana" <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 06:22:06 -0400
Cc: Alex Novik <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 03:30:46 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Even if the HVM handled the interrupt successfully, it doesn't mean that the
pline will be deasserted (if another device assigned to another domain asserted
it while the HVM processed the interrupt).You can't tell whether the HVM
handled the interrupt successfully or not. How this method overcome this?

Btw, with the method we proposed you could add PV domains to the interdomain
ISR chain, but it may not contain more than one HVM.

Thanks,
Guy.