Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] boot a existing windows in hvm domain

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] boot a existing windows in hvm domain
From: "Brady Chen" <chenchp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 18:40:54 +0800
Cc: tygrawy@xxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Z24 <z24@xxxxxxx>, Mats Petersson <mats@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, AL.LINUX@xxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 03:38:24 -0700
Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=TYjg5/IcN3tQPKQF9KkNgNABIu9plJottkwgGeBg5uuBYN51CGnzyNEetEBkYJfUvyNb4mk4g3idmjZVNfEQ5zCBqjUqxeVX+xDjeCn5jWcEiK2lbNue7swpQbbtJYrauWVjbu0I5gdRXnv2lWh5oz8Tj/n+5b4m+/5nBjGU2mU=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Neither way round is going to work very well. The platform hardware will
> look (to Windows) to be entirely different in the two cases. Thus it will
> most liekly require you to re-activate your license. Also it'll have the
> wrong drivers installed and hence you'll have a bunch of driver
> re-installation every time you switch between native and Xen.
re-activate maybe the issue. For the hardware drivers, z24 said that
he got it works by selecting the hardware profile of windows.
here is the thread:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2007-02/msg00822.html

I'd like to have a try.
> There's a plan, but not much of a schedule. Some of the cleanup work I've
> been doing in xen-unstable just now will help. I'd like to think we'll have
> it done by Xen 3.3; Xen 3.2 is probably too close at this point.
thank you very much, is there any time table(a document or a link)
about the release? I'm new to xen, and don't know the frequency of
release.

-Brady