RE: [Xen-devel] compile error of HVM pv drivers

On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 20:43 +0800, Zhao, Yunfeng wrote:

> >490: list_for_each_entry_safe(vif_state, tmp,
> >491:                          &accelerator->vif_states,
> >492:                          link) {
> >493:         /* Make sure there are no data path operations going on
> */
> >494:         netif_poll_disable(vif_state->np->netdev);
> >495:         netif_tx_lock_bh(vif_state->np->netdev);
> >
> >Which doesn't seem to match the error you're getting.  No "do" for
> >example.
> >
> >I'll try and reproduce it, but haven't seen this before, and the
> nearest
> >gcc version I have easily to hand is 3.4.3
> [Yunfeng]  The code I have is the same as yours.
> netif_tx_lock_bh is a inline function which contains a macro of LOCK_HB
> #define __LOCK(lock) \
>   do { preempt_disable(); __acquire(lock); (void)(lock); } while (0)
>
> #define __LOCK_BH(lock) \
>   do { local_bh_disable(); __LOCK(lock); } while (0)

OK.  I still can't see what the problem should be, other than something
wrong with gcc 3.4.2.  I was able to compile netfront fine with gcc
3.4.3 by the way.  Does gcc 3.4.2 cope OK with the rest of the kernel?
There are many other uses of netif_tx_lock_bh() and so it would be
interesting to know if it's something about that function, or something
about the way it's used in this instance that triggers the error.

Any other information you can give that would help reproduce this would
be of great assistance.  E.g. kernel source version, exactly which
distribution, exactly which gcc (e.g. is it a version that might have
been modified by a linux vendor), etc.

Kieran