RE: [Xen-devel] Does Dom0 always get interrupts first before they aredel

To: "Liang Yang" <multisyncfe991@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Mark Williamson" <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Does Dom0 always get interrupts first before they aredelivered to other guest domains?
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:31:23 +0800
Cc: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 01:30:25 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Whenever Xen hypervisor is running, there's always a current vcpu
context from which Xen can easily know whether current domain is
para-virtualized or not.

Para-virtualized and HVM guest has different entry point for the
above CLTS example. For para-virtualized guest, it's the GP fault
handler of Xen to be invoked at the point. For HVM guest, it's the
VM-EXIT handler to be invoked with detail reason. When running
within guest, hardware knows whether running environment is with
hardware virtualization assist or not, and then can decide which path
to enter when fault happens.

Thanks,
Kevin