Re: [Xen-devel] Cs/ 14346 breaks 64bit hv

To: "Woller, Thomas" <thomas.woller@xxxxxxx>, Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Cs/ 14346 breaks 64bit hv
From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:57:25 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 08:56:46 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 14/3/07 15:00, "Woller, Thomas" <thomas.woller@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sure does look like the code generated isn't correct with older bcc..
> But a few more tests will confirm or deny.

If this is the case I think we should explicitly check for a recent enough
bcc during the build, and print a warning (and not build) the rombios if the
dev86 tools are too old. We don't want to have to be worrying about broken
toolchains if we can avoid it.

 -- Keir