RE: [Xen-devel] Error in XendCheckpoint: failed to flush file

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Stefan Berger" <stefanb@xxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Error in XendCheckpoint: failed to flush file
From: "Graham, Simon" <Simon.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:15:29 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 08:14:50 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I'm not sure the two are related. Fsync, lseek(), fadvise() will all
> fail if
> the fd maps to a socket. The failure is harmless and the error return
> code
> is ignored. The error to xend.log is overly noisy and needs cleaning
up

Argh! Can't believe I missed these errors in my testing of the change! I
agree with Keir that they are harmless but noisy - patch to quieten
things down will follow shortly...

Note that I thought about plumbing the live flag through to
xc_linux_restore as is done with xc_linux_save but decided I didn't want
to change the API... therefore I changed xc_linux_restore to figure out
if the fd is a socket or not... hopefully this works on Solaris??? (just
testing now).

/simgr