RE: [Xen-devel] Fwd: Re: [Xen-users] bugzilla.xensource.com

To: "Henning Sprang" <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>, "Ewan Mellor" <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Fwd: Re: [Xen-users] bugzilla.xensource.com
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 03:09:37 -0000
Cc: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Daniele Palumbo <daniele@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 19:09:50 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Sure, it needs people for managing the reports, developers fixing
> reported bugs, and users/testers to enter new bug reports. If nobody
> cares, the system will soon be a dump of old things fixed long ago,
> and new things which nobody gonna ever care again.
>
> The fact (as I understad the above message) that many developers don't
> read the Xen bugzilla mailing list that posts each new report, and
> users are told they should therefore report bugs in two places, is a
> sign that a problem is not far away.
>
> If you need help on this, consider me volunteering, and let me know
> what there is to do and with whom to coordinate. I will be able to
> spend some time each week on checking and sorting and stuff.

Henning,

If you're volunteering to do some cleanup and co-ordination of the
bugzilla that would be awesome! Its not a fun job, but you'd be making a
very important contribution. You'd probably deserve a medal or
something...

I'd really like to get the bugzilla into a state where the information
it contains is up to date, the reports are detailed, and the
prioritisation is reliable. Hence, folk will find it useful as a tool.
Posting a weekly report of major open issues to xen-devel would be good
too, so we can see how we're doing.

I'd start by looking at any issue dormant for more than three months and
close it unless you know it still to be live.

Best,
Ian