Re: [Xen-devel] timer_interrupt problem

To: Guy Zana <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] timer_interrupt problem
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:59:07 +0000
Delivery-date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 05:58:44 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is it a dual core T60? The APIC errors are concerning — that particular error (illegal vector) is most often a sign of bad hardware. If it’s a UP laptop then you might try booting with ‘nolapic noapic nosmp’ as a set of extra Xen boot parameters. If it’s SMP then the APIC errors are harder to explain away.

Do you know when during boot the APIC errors appear (e.g., before or after dom0 starts to run)?

 -- Keir