Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] CD-ROM cannot be changed

To: Kasai Takanori <kasai.takanori@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] CD-ROM cannot be changed
From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:10:37 +0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 03:10:37 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 14/12/06 10:29, "Kasai Takanori" <kasai.takanori@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I think that it is necessary to reopen the device by telling vbd to have
>> changed.
>> Therefore, the change of CD-ROM is told from Dom0 by the xm command.
>> (xm block-configure etc)

Something as coarse-grained as 'xm block-detach/block-attach' would probably
work in this situation, as the CD device is unmounted during the install
process when waiting for next CD to be inserted.

Better would be to notify media-change events and size changes without
needing vbd detach, but that isn't supported for PV VBDs yet.

 --Keir