Re: [Xen-devel] rendezvousing all physical CPUs

>>> "ron minnich" <rminnich@xxxxxxxxx> 30.11.06 17:19 >>>
>Question for you. I just found out the FWH parts are now end-of-life;
>I was about to put a driver for it in Plan 9 when I learned this, so I
>stopped.
>
>So, the question is, given FWH is going away, is this additional
>function needed? Does it have some use outside the RNG application? I
>don't know one way or another.

I don't know, but what I do know is that there's a huge amount of
machines out there having these chipsets.

I would suspect there could be other uses - for instance, I don't think
having the microcode update code in Xen is the right thing, it could
easily live in Dom0 (which would also cause less work merging back
updates from Linux into Xen) if that had a way of bringing all physical
CPUs to a known state.

Jan