Re: [Xen-devel] 3.0.3 freeze

To: Anthony Wright <anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] 3.0.3 freeze
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:56:37 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 05:55:25 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 19/9/06 12:21, "Anthony Wright" <anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You sent this a week ago, so I wondered if you'd mine bring us up to date?
>
> It would be really helpful to know what you're waiting for before doing
> the freeze, whether there will be a release candidate process and
> whether you'll be do a run through bugzilla to make sure the significant
> bugs have been fixed?

We'll be forking a 3.0.3-testing tree as soon as we have upgraded the Linux
sparse tree to 2.6.16.29 (which among other things fixes a number of
security vulnerabilities). Hopefully this will happen later today. This tree
can be considered a 'rolling' release candidate which we'd like to get
tested as widely as possible. We'll likely make a final release of 3.0.3-0
in the next couple of weeks.

Although we keep tabs on bugzilla, we'd very much like to receive updates,
on xen-devel and/or by updating bugzilla entries, on what bugs are still
live in the 3.0.3-testing so we can focus our efforts.

 -- Keir