RE: [Xen-devel] 3.0.3 freeze

To: "Anthony Wright" <anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] 3.0.3 freeze
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:40:53 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 04:41:18 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> It's three weeks since you posted this message. I wondered if you
could
> post an update?

I think the unstable tree is looking in pretty good shape right now.
There are a few issues being worked on with HVM, but stability for most
configurations is very good.

The more testing it gets over the next week or so, the better... Please
give it a go!

Thanks,
Ian

> Ian Pratt wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I think its time to declare a 3.0.3 feature freeze. We've got all
the
> > 'must have' feature patches in -unstable and many of the 'would be
nice'
> > variety too.
> >
> > Just to summarize, we have: the new scheduler, blktap with
file-based VM
> > storage, upgraded device emulation, new shadow pagetable code, PV
> > drivers for HVM guests, networking support for segmentation offload,
> > support for the Power architecture, misc performance optimizations
and
> > bug fixes.
> >
> > There were a number of patches that haven't quite made the cut off
due
> > to various outstanding issues or lack of review time: The NUMA
allocator
> > patch has been observed to cause problems on at least one system.
The PV
> > framebuffer could do with a few interface tweaks and a code cleanup.
The