Re: [Xen-devel] Paravirtualised drivers for fully virtualised domains

To: Steven Smith <sos22-xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Paravirtualised drivers for fully virtualised domains
From: Himanshu Raj <rhim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 02:13:12 -0400
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 23:13:36 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yes it is the case (i.e. hvm guest w/o your patch is getting stuck the same
way).
This happens with the latest version. I have only tried the RHEL4 or Debian
Sarge
guest kernels before (both <= 2.6.9) and they work fine. Failure is also quite
intriguing - the guest just sort of goes into an infinite loop, no further
output on vnc console (or serial), nothing pops up in usual logs (qemu-dm.log,
xend.log, xend-debug.log ...). Kind of trumped by it.

Kindly let me know if anything comes to mind.

Thanks,
Himanshu