RE: [Xen-devel] Paravirtualised drivers for fully virtualised domains

To: "Steven Smith" <sos22-xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Paravirtualised drivers for fully virtualised domains
From: "He, Qing" <qing.he@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 17:49:16 +0800
Cc: sos22@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 02:52:39 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry, these 2 cases are of some kind of configuration errors, some qemu
parameters changed after qemu update, I can get them run using an early
changeset. So when it cannot boot, I don't think of the possibility of
configuration errors.

After changed the configuration, they can boot now (doesn't test if they meet
the same problem as below)

>> For 2003 guest, QEMU can start, but before the windows start screen
>>shows, it crashes and restarts, complaining about unreasonable mmio
>>opcodes. The serial output is:
>>
>>      (XEN) (GUEST: 1) unsupported PCI BIOS function 0x0E
>>      (XEN) (GUEST: 1) int13_harddisk: function 15, unmapped device for
>> ELDL=82
>>      (XEN) 0, This opcode isn't handled yet!
>>      (XEN) handle_mmio: failed to decode instruction
>>      (XEN) mmio opcode: va 0xf821f600, gpa 0xa9600, len 2: 00 00
>>      (XEN) domain_crash_sync called from platform.c:880
>This looks like a problem with hvm_copy.  Is this a PAE hypervisor?

Your patch is based on Cset 10735, before applied the patch, I can start and
run the image with no problems; but after the patch, this problem can be
reproduced every time.
It's not a PAE hypervisor, and qemu log doesn't show much information:
        domid: 1
        qemu: the number of cpus is 1
        shared page at pfn:1ffff, mfn: 3e35f
        char device redirected to /dev/pts/2

>> Meanwhile, I don't experience any problems for Linux guest. Do you
>> have any ideas why this happens?
>Some kind of race would be my first guess.
>
>Steven.

Best regards,
Qing