[Xen-devel] Network stops responding after some time

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Network stops responding after some time
From: Adnan Khaleel <adnan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:49:31 -0500
Cc: Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 02:38:11 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I need help in trying to understand why the ethernet driver has locked up and
how I can go about outputting debug messages. I see in /proc/interrrupts that
the interrupt count of eth0 just stops incrementing. I've tried different
(3Com, Realtek 8169, Realtek 8139) based network cards and this happens with
all. I'm not sure what is so unique about my system that might be causing this
to lockup, its a regular Nforce3 based system with 512MB ram. This problem does
not happen if I'm not using a Xen enabled kernel. This is entirely happening in
dom0 and there aren't any user domains so its not a bridging issue. I've also
disabled the Xen backend drivers (netbk.ko and netloop.ko) so its talking to
the network chip directly.

Any help? Please?

Adnan