[Xen-devel] Xen-unstable kernel panics on boot

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Xen-unstable kernel panics on boot
From: Wayne Pascoe <xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 21:49:34 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:50:40 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have compiled xen-unstable from source and I am unable to boot the kernel that this creates. It appears to not be able to find my logical volumes to mount the root volume. Shortly after this, the kernel panics and the machine reboots.

Is there any option I can use when building the kernel to stop this reboot after the panic so that I can find out what is causing it?

I know about echoing things to proc to stop reboot / change the amount of time before reboot, but since I'm not getting far enough to have a proc filesystem, this doesn't help me.

Thanks,

--
Wayne Pascoe    (gpg --keyserver www.co.uk.pgp.net --recv-keys 79A7C870)
I refuse to tiptoe quietly through life only to arrive safely at death!