[Xen-devel] Re: Help please: bug#625 SCSI disk conflicts with?blkfront--

To: Harry Butterworth <harry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: Help please: bug#625 SCSI disk conflicts with?blkfront---best approach for fix?
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 20:28:50 +0900 (JST)
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 07:21:47 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In article <1150802478.7727.6.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:
> I think bugzilla 625 is caused by compiling the scsi disk driver into
> the domU kernel.  xen_blk can't then get the SCSI major number 8.  This
> is a usability issue because people create broken domU kernels and then
> raise bugs.  What's the best fix?  Changing the Kconfig files to
> prohibit built in scsi disk when blkfront is enabled?  Is there a better
> option?

Using Kconfig would be my first thought too, I'm not sure if there is a
better option. I ran into this problem myself the other day, took
me a while to work out what the case.

--
Horms                                           http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/