[Xen-devel] ballooning issue on Unisys ES7000 - bug #683

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] ballooning issue on Unisys ES7000 - bug #683
From: "Krysan, Susan" <KRYSANS@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:43:30 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 08:44:00 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We submitted the following patch (on May 25th for bug #650) to wait sufficient
time for memory to balloon out before creating a new domain.
http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg?cs=93db1b536f38

We tested the patch and all was well.  However, we now see the same problem
again (error - privileged domain did not balloon) with changesets 10333 and
10449, not only with 2GB domUs, but now also with 1GB domUs on our Unisys
ES7000 16X 16GB machine. The error occurs only when dom0 has almost all the
machine's memory before we attempt to create the domU.

Is anyone aware of changes which may have caused memory ballooning to take a
longer amount of time?

I opened bug #683 for this problem.