Re: [Xen-devel] Re: PATCH (and RFC): new dom0 hypercall: DOM0_DOMAIN_SET

On 19 Jun 2006, at 15:43, Tristan Gingold wrote:

I'd like the patch modified as follows:
  * Change flag name to XEN_DOMAINSETUP_hvm_guest (explicitly in Xen
namespace; more the style of other flags added recently; not VMX
specific).
  * Place the final two fields of the struct inside ifdef __ia64__.
Why not defining an arch-dependant struct for adding more fields to this structure ? (I prefer to do that early than breaking compatibility later).

How does that ease binary compatibility if you want to add extra common fields later? You mean to have a pointer to the arch-dep struct?

 -- Keir

PS. The flag name: DOM0_DOMAIN_SETUP_ would actually be a fine prefix for flags. Use whatever you prefer.