[Xen-devel] have any memory management changes been made causing longer

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] have any memory management changes been made causing longer time for memory to balloon?
From: "Krysan, Susan" <KRYSANS@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:56:08 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:56:38 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We submitted the following patch (on May 25th for bug #650) to wait sufficient
time for memory to balloon out before creating a new domain.
http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg?cs=93db1b536f38

We tested the patch and all was well.  However, we now see the same problem
again (error - privileged domain did not balloon) with changeset 10333, not
only with 2GB domUs, but also with 1GB domUs on our Unisys ES7000 16X 16GB
machine. The error occurs only when dom0 has almost all the machine's memory
before we attempt to create the domU.

Is anyone aware of changes which may have caused memory ballooning to take a
longer amount of time?

> Thanks,
> Sue Krysan
> Linux Systems Group