Re: [Xen-devel] Question Also regarding interrupt balancing

On 13 Jun 2006, at 00:42, harish wrote:

echo 2 > /proc/irq/20/smp_affinity [...works..]
echo 4 > /proc/irq/20/smp_affinity [...works..]
echo 8 > /proc/irq/20/smp_affinity [...works..]

But, a cumulative does not work...meaning...
echo 3>
echo 5>
echo f>  etc.... do not work.

Is that a bug or is it by design?

You should find it locks onto the first CPU in the mask that you specify. As I said, the kernel does not load-balance IRQs so it currently does not make sense to specify multi-cpu cpumasks. So this is by design, for now.

 -- Keir