RE: [Xen-devel] 3.0.3 Status/Schedule

To: "Ben Thomas" <bthomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] 3.0.3 Status/Schedule
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 14:02:07 +0100
Delivery-date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 06:02:40 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Curiousity prompts me to inquire about the 3.0.3 schedule and status.
>
> 3.0.1 was announced on 2/1/2006
> 3.0.2 was announced on 4/13/2006
>
> and I recall something about a roughly 6-8 week (or so) schedule
> delta.  That would mean 3.0.3 might be on the horizon. Hence
> my curiousity, and this email.

The current plan is to shoot for 3.0.3 in the 2nd week July, which fits
in with the FC6 schedule, and ahead of many developer's trips to Ottawa
for OLS.

Things I'd ideally still like to see get included:

 * new 'credit' CPU scheduler as default (need more testing -- known HVM
bug under investigation)
 * cow file-backed virtual hard disk support (dm-userspace or blktap
patches)
 * qemu-dm updated to latest qemu version, stored as patch queue
(getting there)
 * xend VM lifecycle management patches (I'm told this is almost ready
for posting)
 * basic NUMA memory allocator support (we seem close on this)
 * kexec support (this looks better every iteration)

Ian