RE: [Xen-devel] Re: X86_emulate to be moved into qemu...

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Re: X86_emulate to be moved into qemu...
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 11:33:36 +0200
Cc: Xen devel list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 May 2006 02:33:11 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hmm, yes. But we also want CS:rIP translated, which isn't too bad. And
for movs we have both the source and destination to take into account.
ES:rDI isn't bad, but xS:rSI isn't as trivial, since we'd have to scan
for segment overrides in that case - and now we're starting to look like
a bunch of decoding code in two places again... :-( [Admittedly not
quite as much]

> > Another interesting question is what we do with the dozen
> or so "new"
> > include-files that are needed to make x86_emulate.c compile
> inside the
> > tools/ioemu directory. At the moment, I've just created directories
> > inside tools/libxc and linked the necessary header files into those
> > directories... Is that the proper solution?
>
> What header files are those? It builds in tools/test/ without
> so many header files.
'hg status' says:
M ioemu/target-i386-dm/Makefile
M ioemu/target-i386-dm/helper2.c