[Xen-devel] serial console hang in 3.0.2-2

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] serial console hang in 3.0.2-2
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 10:57:10 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 May 2006 04:44:40 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[ PLease keep me in Cc:, I'm not subscribed to this list ]

Hi,
I'm working on getting domain0 support in NetBSD (i386 for now) for Xen-3.
I have a bootable kernel which is working fine under xen-3.0.0, with hardware
device support and limited support for xentools.
Now I tried to switch to 3.0.2-2, and the serial console hangs shortly after
my domain0 kernel enables interrupts. If I call the NetBSD kernel debugger
just after enabling interrupts I can type a few chars before in hangs.
With ^A^A^A I can switch the input to Xen, and the message "switching
input ..." is printed. However from here, only R is functionnal (it prints
the message and reboot), all others commands produce no outputs, including
'h' (this is a xen kernel rebuilt with debug options). The same xen kernel
works fine with a linux dom0, including the debug actions (I tested h, q, i
at last) so it's probably not a compile option issue.

Maybe it's an interrupt issue, but I'm not sure as ^A and R are still
working fine. I noticed there were changes in the include/public interfaces
between 3.0.0 and 3.0.2, including a new hypercall to unmask event.
I've not updated my NetBSD domain0 to this yet. Could this be the cause ?
Any other idea on what could cause this ?

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>