[Xen-devel] xen versioning scheme

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] xen versioning scheme
From: "Henning Sprang" <henning_sprang@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 12:01:26 +0200 (MEST)
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 May 2006 03:01:48 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I realized that the changes in xen versions between minor versions 3.0.1
and 3.0.2 seem to be quite big. One example seems to be API changes as
big as pci passthrough (I just read about it but didn't test that) and
that the linux kernel configs seem to be quite different, at least in
the xen section, probably also in the rest, so theyr aren't re-usable
between these versions without major diffing hassles.

I admit, it isn't possible to got to Kernel 2.6.12 to 2.6.16 without
changing the kernel config file, but I am not sure if it's a good idea then
to make such big changes in such minor version steppings.

But you might have your reasons, and might even be able to explain them, or
have a versioning scheme ruleset. Is there something like that?

Henning