RE: [Xen-devel] Different instruction stream for PV OS on VT/Pacifica?

To: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>, "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Different instruction stream for PV OS on VT/Pacifica?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 18:49:39 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:50:19 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'd say that this answer applies to AMD processors (and as far as I know
it applies to Intel too - but I'm not really a spokesperson for AMD, and
even less so for Intel.)

There's been some thinking that we could use HVM (VT/SVM (pacifica)) to
enhance PV guest too, but so far nothing has been implemented [and I
guess once it does get implemented, IA64 will follow shortly afterwards,
assuming it's generally useful and not specific to x86].

--
Mats