[Xen-devel] Slow guest network I/O when CPU is pegged - Looking for ackn

To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Slow guest network I/O when CPU is pegged - Looking for acknowledgement from developers
From: Matt Ayres <matta@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 14:25:12 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 11:26:11 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ok, so we all know that guest network I/O is slow when the system CPU's are being utilized extensively whether it be from dom0 or from other guests. Lots of people have written about this and I can post concrete tests if required.

I'm just looking for one of the Xen developers to acknowledge that they have been able to replicate the problem and it is indeed being worked on or will be sometime in the near future. No one has acknowledged any of the previous threads on either list so I want to make sure it is an outstanding issue that is not being overlooked.

Thank you,
Matt Ayres

(Just ask for my tests and I'll paste the output / file a bug, but I think it's been an established bug and didn't want to make this e-mail too verbose.)