[Xen-devel] Re: PAE dom0 is broken with the default config

On 6 Apr 2006, at 11:50, Ian Pratt wrote:

   I did rebuild the initrd for the new kernel/modules. The
system has sata disk. scsi driver is the same ata_piix,
libata. The same config is working fine for the non-PAE build.
   The VMX status report mail says PAE is fine, but they are
not using the default (linux-defconfig_xen_x86_32) config.
They are using the xen0 config for PAE testing. What config
do you use for your PAE testing?

The majority testing is done with the -xen kernel, which seems to boot
and run fine on all of our machines, including those with root fs on
SATA.

It might be worth comparing the scsi/acpi/pci etc options closely
between the two different configs, and try a 'binary' chop to see which
are important.

Yes. There's obviously an underlying bug, but it'll probably be easier to track down if we know what config option triggers it.

 -- Keir